Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Black Rock Park at Lake Buchanan...Camping in April 2010


For the first time as a family, we all went camping. Camping has never been mine or Collin's forte' but I think we might be doing more of it in the future. You might say we are nuts because we endured gusty winds that seemed to elevate our tent, a downpour of rain (it was Texas-sized rain too), a leaky tent and one of the loudest and scariest claps of thunder and lightening I don't ever want to be that close to again. However, I realized that no matter what may come I am going to be ok and my husband, children, friends and the gospel are the most important parts of my life. The memory of the camping trip will remain a highlight of Spring 2010!

(Honestly though, when that thunder and lightening crashed what seemed to be inches away from our tent I grabbed Collin and with big eyes wondering "What on earth are we thinking???")

I wished I would of taken more pictures of the event...Taya's swamp monster feet and hands, our tent, our friends, Kendi's sticker burr shoes and Poppy's sticker burr body (luckily the burrs were green and soft still), Collin's crispy bacon cookin', Collin in his poncho securing the tent and Bry and Kev playing capture the flag.



Kev and Kendi posing in the bluebonnets on the lakeshore.








Bry and Poppy on the way home! He has a water bottle that he was stashing all of the burrs in.
We called her FURRY BURRY!

1 comment:

  1. Yay Amy! You did it! It looks great! I am not a huge camping fan either... I think every time I have been camping it has been somewhat miserable. Oh I miss you guys already! Can August just get here?

    ReplyDelete